What is Microbiome Analysis?
Personalized microbiome analysis is used to determine the overall health of your gut and gut bacteria. In many instances, your gut health is tied directly to your overall health and many systemic conditions. With microbiome analysis, we can pin-point specific gut bacteria species that can problems with inflammation, gas, bloating, diarrhea, constipation and even sleep.
We perform high level “intestinal gardening”, which entails identifying specific foods, nutrients, herbs, and lifestyle choices that promote the growth of good healthy gut bacteria, while finding ways to keep the bad gut bacterial species under control. The analysis includes all of the following:
- Exploration of your gut bacteria to determine if there are any species linked specifically to your health concerns
- Analysis of the overall diversity of your gut bacteria
- Information on antibiotic resistance in your gut
- Personalized nutrition, lifestyle and supplement recommendations to bring your gut back into balance.
Here are some of the conditions that microbiome analysis is useful for:
- Digestive issues (gas, bloating, diarrhea, constipation)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s Disease)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory conditions (Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriasis, Lupus)
- Overall Health Improvement
- Prevention and Treatment of many other conditions
Call Shalva Clinic to determine if microbiome analysis is an appropriate option for you.